How to play tennis?
This question bothers every beginner in this game. Tennis is regarded as a lifelong sport that is good for both players and the viewers. The game is all packed up with joy, entertainment, and enthusiasm. It is fun to watch a tennis sport also. A tennis game is not so complicated, and anyone can learn how to play tennis easily.
Some rules and guidelines are followed during the learning of a tennis game. These guidelines are all practical and make naïve players experts of tennis sport through consistent practice. Let us look into those guidelines in followed list:
- A tennis court is split down into two halves, made distinct by a net. Players occupy these halves to start tennis playing. It is played on a lawn. Learn how to play lawn tennis by following all steps very effectively.
- Hit the ball back and forth to remain in the tennis sport for a long time.
- Do the service and wait for the ball to come again to you. Swing it when with your racket to your opponent’s side.
- You win points under these circumstances:
- You lose points these circumstances in playing tennis:
- If any of the players hits the top of the net once a point, then it is termed as fair play as long as the tennis ball lands in bounds forward.
Learning the basics
Before starting the actual play, Tennis sport requires a few pieces of equipment. As a beginner, you can shop the equipment through offline and online modes. The pieces of equipment are easily accessible, and anyone can purchase them at a reasonable price. Learn tennis game to make it more fun-loving.
The equipment needed for beginners to play tennis is:
- Tennis racket: Getting a suitable tennis racket is the mandatory task here. Every player has to get a perfect tennis racket as per their comfort and handling skills. As a beginner, you may borrow a tennis racket from your tennis friends before making any purchase. It is done to know your abilities regarding a tennis racket. However, tennis rackets come in diverse sizes and ranges. Pick your suitable combination to know how to play lawn tennis.
- Tennis balls: A good tennis ball brand is fewer in the market. You have to analyze the balls before making the purchase. Get the most branded and trusted balls for tennis sport. Yet again, you may borrow one. But keep an eye on the branded tennis balls. Make sure that you have enough balls to play the sport. You have to switch the balls once they get flat with time.
- Tennis shoes: A good pair of tennis shoes will make you look more comfy and sporty. These shoes are made up of the activities of the game like running, hopping, jumping, etc. Tennis shoes ease your body movements during the gameplay. Moreover, as a newbie, you may get yourself hurt. So, to protect your feet, tennis shoes are the best.
- Comfortable clothing: Put comfortable clothing on your body. Dress in clothes that are meant for sports activity.
- Changing ends: Tennis players are required to change the ends in every odd game. After the first tennis sport, players have to change their ends without any rest. Take rest after the second match of tennis.
Playing a Game
After collecting and acquiring the pieces of equipment, the next step knowing all about the tennis game. A sport is known for its central action gameplay. Play tennis games with all the tennis basics to excel in the game. Let us know about some basic rules of tennis game:
- The main goal of the tennis game is to hit a ball back and forth the middle net. It is done consistently to gain points. Missing the hits will make your opponent gain a point and vice-versa.
- To score a point, you have to let your opponent make any mistake. If your opponent misses the ball, hits it out of the boundary, or hit the ball on the net, then you score points as per the rules.
- Be patient with your moves. Never hit the ball furiously. It is not going to fetch you a point. Instead, develop strategies and planning to make your opponent lose.
- There are two ways to spin the balls for both the participants:Who is going to serve the spinning methods to decide first? Just be prepared to counter back the hitting process to sustain your presence in the game.
Practising the advanced techniques
After practising the tennis basics, the next step is to turn towards advanced techniques. These technical actions are used to make the amateurs of sports tennis into expert ones. Your body positions are essential for playing the game.
Ready position tactics
In a tennis sport, you are either hitting the ball or waiting for the ball to hit. So you have to be always ready for hitting the ball. No observable movement is required here. Just the position. You have to follow the steps mentioned here:
- Stand with feet slightly wider gait than the shoulder width. Stand in the direction of the net, facing it. The toes of your legs should be forward, and knees slightly bent to facilitate quick running. Balance your body weight on the balls of your toes than on the heels.
- Hold the tennis racket in front of you with your elbow positioned at about 4-6 inches away from the body. The top of the tennis racket should be around the chest level.
Forehand is called as queen of the game. Make your forehand more versatile and quick in action. Most of the stokes are going to hit by your heads. Lets us look into the positions:
- From the ready position, change your grip to the forehand and slid the left hand to the throat of the racket. Change your torso to the right side with your knees bent and pivot slightly to hit the ball.
- As the ball comes towards you, extend back and swing it from the tip of your racket head. The string side of the racket should face in the direction of the net to facilitate the swing.
Tennis in Hindi called as “gend ka Khel”. It is a game of joy and enthusiasm. It would help if you learned all ways to make it more fun and right for you. As a beginner, you will need the above information to start tennis playing.